Recent Comments
Popular Posts
Link Exchange List

Seeking Things Above


If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. (Col 3:1)

Recent Articles

2008-03-19

God loves Hillary and Obama

Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama

Anybody that knows me knows that politically, I am a conservative. Will I vote for Hillary or Obama? No. There are personal convictions, particularly on abortion that will prevent me from casting my vote for either of these two candidates. I also have political convictions where I don’t believe their vision is what is needed for our country. I don’t know if John McCain’s vision makes me feel any better but that’s not the point.

The point is not the political ideology of Hillary and Obama. The point is, that no matter what I think or what I believe, God still loves them.

We like to mock and tell jokes about public figures we don’t care for. Why do I feel it is ok to mock and tell jokes about people I don’t know? Is gossip not gossip if you don’t know the person you are gossiping about? Do you think Jesus and his disciples sat around the table and trashed talked about the Jewish and Roman leaders or do you think they sat around the table and prayed for them?

Do I pray for Hillary and Obama? Shouldn’t I, especially since one of them may soon be my president?

If God loves Hillary and Obama, and I claim to have God’s love in me, then shouldn’t I love them?

1 comments:

Mandy said...

So many times it seems that doing what God wants us to do is the harder choice. It's the choice that we don't want to do, or that will make us stand out as different. This is a good reminder to do what is right, even when it's not what I feel like doing.

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Be honest but be gracious to others. My kids may read this post.

This blog is wearing Sederhana, a free XML Blogger Template adopted from Oh My Grid - WP theme by Thomas Arie
Converted to Blogger by Gre Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network [Template-Godown]