Recent Comments
Popular Posts
Link Exchange List

Seeking Things Above


If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. (Col 3:1)

Recent Articles

2008-08-07

Scripture Thursday - Prayer for the Church

John 17:20-21 (ESV)
20 "I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
Are you ever awestruck that the Son of God, who holds the entire universe together, prayed for you and me before we ever existed.  Jesus prayed for those of us who would believe in Him through the words of the apostles.  Amazing.  Of course not long after this prayer He did an even more amazing thing for you and me.  He allowed Himself to be crucified for our sins.

I am frustrated sometimes because of the lack of unity in the Church.  I guess it should not be too surprising. While we are forgiven sinners, we are still sinners.  However, we do have the Spirit within us, so we have a great hope.

I read an encouraging post on Sheepleblog where the author, Derek, shares the struggles he faced as a pastor.  He makes a statement in his post that I want to share here:
“I am anticipating the days ahead because I know that Jesus is still the head of His church; He is actively building His church; and it is He who is the author of that desire within each true believer to connect with His people in order to become that “house of living stones”.
This is my hope and my dream.  I am confident in this hope because it is my own Lord's prayer.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Be honest but be gracious to others. My kids may read this post.

This blog is wearing Sederhana, a free XML Blogger Template adopted from Oh My Grid - WP theme by Thomas Arie
Converted to Blogger by Gre Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network [Template-Godown]