Recent Comments
Popular Posts
Link Exchange List

Seeking Things Above


If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. (Col 3:1)

Recent Articles

2008-10-23

The Question Song


1 Timothy 4:12 (ESV)
12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
My ten year-old son wrote this song about his internal wrestling with what it means to truly follow Jesus.  I thank God that He has blessed me with a son that has a heart that is seeking Jesus so deeply at such a young age.  I pray God equips me to disciple my children as they seek Him.

Why do I hurt a lot of people?
I know it's all a sin
But I have to remember, once Jesus was my age
And he never gave in.

Why do I have answers to questions
But I only answer them to me?
And then I see a lot of non-Christians
I don't know where I should be.

I wanna care
And I want to love
But it's just so hard to do.

I don't want to give in
And I don't want to die
All that I want to do is fly.

I only have one question for God
That if there's so much trouble on earth
Why in the world would he leave it be
When he can do something.

But I'm afraid
That he just might
Fire that question
Right back at me.

I don't want to give in
I don't want to die
I wanna love and care
And I don't know why.

I have a little voice
That wants me to
It's asking if I will
And I want to say I do.

I'm getting all confused
If I could say I do
If I should or not
Or if it's even true.

I think I should stop
And just not do it
Or maybe I'll keep going
On and on through it.

I just don't know
If I should go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! He's only 10? You have a very bright and creative child there! You are blessed!

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of insight for one so young. May he continue to look to Jesus all the days of his life.

Tony, Thank you for stopping by my blog. When you figure out how to get back in the merry-go-round, it will make an interesting post.

Anonymous said...

"I wanna care
And I want to love
But it's just so hard to do."

Wow! This sums up where I am right now. In fact, it is where I have been for a year or so. I want to care like God. I want to love. To take a great quote from Teresa of Avila and changed it a little. Oh God, I don’t love, I don’t even want to love, but I want to want to love!

"Oh God, I don’t love you, I don’t even want to love you, but I want to want to love you!" (Teresa of Avila)

There is a connection between loving God and loving others, I know - I want to do it, live it.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's all I can say..... :)

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Be honest but be gracious to others. My kids may read this post.

This blog is wearing Sederhana, a free XML Blogger Template adopted from Oh My Grid - WP theme by Thomas Arie
Converted to Blogger by Gre Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network [Template-Godown]